Memory work: Telling and listening to Stories of the Heart
Spiritual and pastoral work in loss, dying, death and bereavement
Pretoria October 7-9
Cape Town September 5 – 7
Day 1 – 8:30 registration for 09:00 start; finish 16:00
Day 2 – 09:00 – 16:00
Day 3 – 09:00 – 13:00
Venue: HospiVision Offices in Pretoria and Cape Town
Facilitators: Dr. Andre de la Porte (pastoral therapist)
- Attendance R700
- Attendance and University of Pretoria certificate (R1300 i.e. R700 for course + R600 for additional assignments / and issuing of UP certificate)
For more information and registration form contact June Kriel: 012 329-9492 / 012 329-4420 / email@example.com
15 CPD points for SAAP/CPSC members and Dutch Reformed Church Pastors
Purpose: To train carers (professional and lay) to provide compassionate emotional and spiritual care and counselling for people living with HIV & AIDS and terminal illness and their families, as well as other people experiencing loss, dying and death. In this creative course, counsellors, pastors and caregivers will increase their own understanding of loss, death and dying. A model for creating a memory book is presented.
Understanding loss, dying, death and bereavement
- Understand the impact of dying and death
- Loss and the bereavement process
Life maps and memory work
- The use of life maps and memory work in counselling and spiritual care.
- Creative techniques in care and counselling.
- The theoretical foundations of memory work
- The life map technique as a structure for life stories and memory work
- Memories, legacies and roots
- Loss: companionship, care and comfort
- Practical components for a memory work programme
- Minister effectively to the dying and the bereaved.