Short course in Trauma Counselling
March 11 – 13
August 1 – 3
Day 1 – 8:30 registration for 09:00 start; finish 16:00
Day 2 – 09:00 – 16:00
Day 3 – 09:00 – 13:00
Venue: HospiVision Offices in Pretoria and Cape Town
Facilitators: Dr. Andre de la Porte (pastoral therapist)
- Attendance R700
- Attendance and University of Pretoria certificate (R1300 i.e. R700 for course + R600 for additional assignments / and issuing of UP certificate)
For more information and registration form contact June Kriel: 012 329-9492 / 012 329-4420 / email@example.com
15 CPD points for SAAP/CPSC members and Dutch Reformed Church Pastors
It is certainly not an overstatement to say that we live in a traumatized society. South Africa has some of the highest violent crime, abuse and rape statistics in the world. Caregivers and counsellors in society are overburdened by the psychosocial and spiritual impact of this situation. HospiVision, with its experience in trauma units at hospitals, is ideally placed to provide training and practical experience in trauma counselling for lay and professional caregivers.
Introduction, expectations, overview and ground rules
- Review of basic counselling principles
- Exploring and understanding trauma
- Exploring and understanding different kinds of trauma
- Psychological approaches and trauma
The narrative approach to trauma counselling
- Psychological first aid, containing, defusing and debriefing
- Acute and Post Traumatic stress disorder
- Spirituality and trauma
- Finding meaning in trauma.
Care for the caregiver
- Styles of caregiving.
- Understanding and identifying burnout.
Keep the fire burning: a programme for caregiver restoration.
All courses are presented in association with the Centre for Contextual Ministry at the University of Pretoria.